The core of our company is steeped in values of integrity, passion, hard work and the deep desire to do good through Fair Trade. We are dedicated to our responsibility to supporting impoverished producers around the world while doing our part to support our community and the environment.
"Let the Beauty we Love Become the Good we Do." These powerful words by Rumi remind us that a lot of good comes out of connecting marginalized producers with consumers here in our country. We believe we can do more good by sharing the wealth from the sale of their merchandise.
We launched Giving Back Days in February of 2015 as a campaign to showcase and support financially the work of St. Louis-based nonprofit organizations. From what I've seen, all these entities and us have a few things in common. Among them is the deep desire to make a difference in people's lives. Funds to do the work are often in short supply. If you work for or are connected to a 501(c)3 certified non-profit organization based in St. Louis and are interested in partnering with us, reach out!
How does it work?
We donate 15% of in-store and online sales over a four-day period (Tuesday to Friday) of a given week, at either of our stores, in a given month, excluding December. The more customers shop with us, the more funds we raise together! Once we have mutually agreed on the month and week we plan to partner, we have a suggested to-do list.
The To-Do Checklist (your part)
Successful fundraisers are the result of 100% participation of all stakeholders! We are going to do all we can to spread the word to our friends, supporters and customers, but please know this is YOUR fundraiser. You will earn 15% of sales only if members of your organization are present at our store.
Here is a suggested list of required steps. Feel free to share any other creative ways you come up with!
- Send a Press Release to news outlets in St Louis (a month before start date)
- Plan a "Meet and Greet" event to be held at the store during event. This is a tremendous opportunity for your organization to share information about your work with our customers and to encourage them to shop for your cause. Choose individuals from your nonprofit that can commit to a four-hour time slot. Bring wine and purchase our fair trade chocolate.
- Utilize all social media platforms to spread the news. Create a Facebook Event and invite all Board Members and their networks (ideally three weeks before event.) and send us a co-host request. Be sure to select the correct Facebook page for our business since we have two of them, one of each store. The more people know about it, the better. Encourage your organization's board members, staff and friends to "accept" the invitation and to share the event in their pages.
- Mention this fundraiser in your e-Newsletter communications (a month before and again the week of the event)
- Drop off fliers, leaflets or any marketing assets at our store a week or two before the event
- During event, post daily on all social media platforms inviting your network to shop at Zee Bee Market. If you tag us, we will gladly share with our network.
- Remember, online purchases also qualify. If anyone on your network indicates they cannot make it to our store during event, encourage them to purchase online. We must get notified by the buyer somehow, through a comment in the notes section of the cart, an email, or a phone call. These online orders cannot be shipped. Buyer could select store pickup at checkout.
The To-Do Checklist (our part)
We want to raise the MOST money for you while sharing your work with our customers, friends and supporters. We are committed to making this effort worthwhile.
- During the event, our store is yours to use as you see appropriate.
- We can provide a table for the "Meet and Greet" event in our store.
- We will hand out fliers announcing event to all customers starting the prior week, if you supply them.
- We are very active on social media and will share your daily updates on all platforms, if you tag us.
We believe we will have a successful fundraiser if we execute above actions. Any/all creative ideas that can generate more traffic into our store or website are welcome. We encourage you to let us know!